Ohio HealthCare FCU Online Access Agreement
This Agreement governs your access to online credit union financial services (“Online Services”, “online banking”, or “online bill pay”) being offered by Ohio HealthCare Federal Credit Union (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Credit Union”) now and in the future. As a member of Ohio HealthCare Federal Credit Union, you are eligible to enroll for our Online Services. By using the Online Services, you, and any person you authorize to use your access to the Online Services, agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this Online Access Agreement (the “Agreement”).
“Account(s)” means a share, share certificate, checking, savings, or money market share deposit account that you have with us for personal, family or household use.
“Account Access” means your ability to access account and transaction information on Accounts, and transfer funds between Accounts, through the Internet.
“Account Agreement” means the agreement between you and us that governs the use of your Account, including the deposit account agreement, any funds availability agreement, electronic funds transfer agreement or disclosure, line of credit agreement, credit card agreement and our schedule of fees and charges.
“Electronic Bill Payment Account” means the Account that you have authorized us to debit for payments made to Payee(s) in connection with the Online Services.
“Business Day” means every weekday that we are open for business, Monday through Friday, except federal or state holidays.
“online bill pay” means our service that allows you to pay or transfer funds to designated Payees based upon your instructions to us via a personal computer.
“Electronic” means electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical or electromagnetic technology, or any other technology that entails similar capabilities.
“Payee” means any individual, financial institution, educational institution, company, merchant or other business entity you wish to pay using online bill pay.
“Personal Identification Number” or “password” means the confidential identification number or code assigned to you by us or selected by you for identification purposes in connection with the Online Services.
“Transfer(s)” means any electronic transaction, including a deposit, withdrawal or bill payment made electronically.
II. Setup and Use of Online Services
In order to activate the Online Services, you must have at least one Account with us, a checking account is required to use online bill pay. Your Accounts must be in good standing and remain in good standing with the credit union. You must also designate an Online Services ID, obtain a password and pay the required monthly fee and other fees described in this Agreement. We will assign a password that you can change when signing on to the Online Services. We may require you to change the password from time to time for security reasons. You should keep the password in a secure location. Any person having access to Online Services ID and password will be able to access the Online Services and perform all transactions, including reviewing Account information and making transfers to other Accounts and to other persons.
Online Services are generally accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except for reasonable periods on a daily basis for system maintenance. We are not liable for any failure to provide access to Online Services. We may modify, suspend, or terminate access to the Online Services at any time and for any reason without notice or refund of any fees.
C. Linking Your Accounts
You can access all of your Accounts at the Credit Union through the Online Services. You must provide us with the account numbers for each of these Accounts in order to access them.
D. Equipment Requirements
A computer with a modem and a web browser (such as Netscape Navigator®, Microsoft® Internet Explorer or an equivalent) is required to use the Online Services. You are responsible for the correct set-up and maintenance of your home computer and modem. We are not responsible for any errors, damages or other loss you may suffer due to malfunction or misapplication of any system used, including your browser, Internet service provider, software, or any equipment you may use (including telecommunications facilities, computer hardware and modem) to access or communicate with the Online Services.
E. Limitation of Liability
1. Disclaimer of Liability. You are responsible for the correct set-up and installation of a Web browser or related software to gain Internet access to and use of the Online Services. You agree that neither we nor any of our service providers shall be liable for any loss or damages (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential or otherwise), including economic, property, personal, or other loss or injury, whether caused by us, the hardware or software or a system-wide failure, arising or resulting from the installation, use, or maintenance of the equipment, software or other items necessary to access and/or operate the Online Services.
2. Disclaimer of Warranties.
(a) Warranties of Fitness and Merchantability. NEITHER WE, NOR ANY OF OUR SUBSIDIARIES, NOR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDERS MAKE ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO YOU CONCERNING THE SOFTWARE, EQUIPMENT, BROWSER OR OTHER ONLINE SERVICES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, UNLESS DISCLAIMING SUCH WARRANTY IS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
(b) Computer-related Warranties. Neither we, nor any of our subsidiaries, nor any information provider is liable for any computer virus or software-related problems that may be attributable to services provided in connection with the Online Services.
III. Online Services
A. Products and Services Offered. We are concurrently providing you with a User’s Manual that is incorporated herein by reference. The functions currently offered under our Online Services are described in the User’s Manual. As we add functions to the Online Services, we will update the User’s Manual describing those additional functions. All functions are limited to the extent noted below and as provided in the User’s Manual and in your Account Agreements. Your ability to transfer funds from savings and money market deposit Accounts using the Online Services are always subject to limitations described in the applicable Account Agreements. Please refer to those agreements for restrictions and service charges.
1. Account Access. You may use the Online Services to access Accounts. These activities are limited to the extent noted herein and in the Account Agreements governing your various Accounts. Your ability to transfer funds from certain Accounts using the Online Services is limited by federal law. Please refer to the relevant Account Agreements for restrictions and service charges. Our Online Services allow you to:
- V iew Account balances and review transaction history
- Allocate money between Accounts
- Transfer money to pay balances on Accounts with us or with other institutions
- Order copies of documents
- Communicate directly with us via email
2. online bill pay. If you also select the online bill pay Service, you can pay bills either on an automatic, recurring basis or periodically as you request. You must provide us with the name and address of the Payee (i.e., the party to be paid), your account/reference number (if any) with that party and any other information we require to properly debit your Account with us and credit your account with the Payee. We reserve the right to refuse to allow you to designate a particular Payee or class of Payees. All changes you submit through the Online Services or that are submitted by any other person having access to your Online Services ID, password, and Account information will be updated immediately.
B. Additional Information about the Online Services.
1. Account Access. You may transfer funds through the Online Services in any amount up to $99,999.99. We may refuse to act on a funds transfer instruction if sufficient funds, including funds available under any overdraft plan, are not available in your Account on the date you want us to transfer funds. In order to transfer between different base account numbers, you must first contact us to properly link the accounts together (i.e. your account and your joint account).
2. online bill pay. When you sign up for online bill pay, you must designate a checking Account with us as your Electronic Bill Payment Account (“online bill pay Account”).
You may make bill payments in any amount between $1.00 and $9,999.00. When you schedule a bill payment using the Online Services, you authorize us to withdraw the necessary funds from the online bill pay Account. We may refuse to act on your instruction if sufficient funds, including funds available under any overdraft plan, are not available in your online bill pay Account on the date we attempt to process payment.
3. Processing Bill Payments. We can process a bill payment on the next Business Day after your Online Service session. If you schedule a bill payment for a future date, we process the transaction on that date, provided that date is a Business Day. If the date you schedule for your transaction is not a Business Day, we will process the transaction on the next Business Day.
We deduct the amount of your bill payment from your Account one day following the date we process the instruction. If the date on which you schedule a payment falls on a weekend or holiday, we process the instruction the next Business Day. To ensure that your payments arrive on time, you must schedule payments to be processed at least seven (7) Business Days before the payment due date. This generally allows sufficient time for the Payee to receive and post the payment. We are not responsible for postal delays or processing delays by the Payee. The bill pay transaction will appear on your monthly statement for the online bill pay Account.
We process funds transfer or payment instructions only when there are sufficient funds available in your Account. If sufficient funds are not available in your Account (including funds available under any overdraft protection plan) on the scheduled date of payment, we cancel the transaction and send an electronic notice to you of any canceled transactions.
When you add Payees to the Online Service, you must enter your account/reference number and address as they appear on the relevant payment stub or invoice. Occasionally a Payee may choose not to participate in the services or may require additional information before accepting payments electronically. We work with these Payees to encourage them to accept an electronic or check payment from the Credit Union. If we are unsuccessful, or if we believe that the Payee cannot process payments in a timely manner, we may decline to make future electronic payments to that Payee. In the unlikely event that this occurs, we send you a notice. We may always refuse to make payments to certain Payees. The online bill pay Service may not be used to transmit alimony, child support, or other court-directed payments or tax payments.
4. How Bill Payments are Made. We process all payments you make through the Online Services by either sending an electronic transmission to the Payee or by mailing a draft to the Payee, based on the information you have provided to us regarding the Payee. Please note, Payees who receive electronic delivery will receive your payment information, including the Account number, through a computer link. Electronic payments are generally received and credited by most Payees within four Business Days. All drafts drawn on your Account are mailed through the U.S. Postal Service. Draft payments are generally received and credited by most Payees in seven or more business days.
5. Canceling Bill Payments. You may cancel a pending bill payment transaction at anytime prior to it being processed.
C. Transfers from Savings/Money Market Share Deposit Accounts.
Federal regulations require us to limit either by contract or in practice the number of certain types of transfers from savings and money market share deposit Accounts. You are limited to six (6) pre-authorized electronic funds transfers and telephone transfers, including Online Services transactions, checks and point-of-sale transactions per month. Of these six transactions, you are limited to no more than three transactions per month by check or point-of-sale. Each funds transfer or payment through Online Services from savings or money market share deposit Accounts is counted as one of the six limited transfers you are permitted each month.
For the fees applicable to your selected Online Services, refer to the “Schedule of Fees and Charges” attached as Schedule 1. You agree to promptly pay all fees and charges for services provided under this Agreement and authorize us to debit the Primary Online Account or, if the Primary Online Account has insufficient funds, any other Account. If you close the Primary Online Account, you must notify us and promptly identify a new Account as the Primary Online Account. If any fees or charges cannot be paid, we may cancel your access to all or any Online Services. After cancellation, your access to Online Services may be reinstated by contacting the Credit Union and having sufficient funds available in your Primary Online Account to cover all accrued charges, fees and any other pending transfers or debits.
V. Parties’ Rights and Responsibilities
A. Your Rights and Responsibilities.
1. Authorized Use of Services by Other Persons. You are responsible for keeping the password and Account data confidential. We are entitled to act on transaction instructions received using your password, and you agree that use of the password will have the same effect as your signature authorizing the transaction. If you authorize other persons to use your password in any manner, said authorizations will be considered unlimited in amount and manner until you have notified us in writing that you have revoked the authorization and changed the password. You are responsible for any transactions made by such persons until you notify us that transfers by that person are no longer authorized and we have a reasonable opportunity to act upon the change of your password.
2. Report Unauthorized Transactions. You must notify us immediately if you believe that the password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your Account without permission or if you suspect any fraudulent activity on any Account.
3. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transactions. NOTE: Federal law requires that if you believe the password has been lost or stolen, and you notify us within two (2) business days after learning of the loss or theft, you can be liable for no more than $50 if someone used the password without your permission.
Please notify us AT ONCE if there is reason to believe the password has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of limiting your possible losses. If you do not notify us promptly, it is possible that you could lose all the money in your Accounts plus the maximum overdraft line of credit. If you DO NOT TELL US WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS after learning of the possible loss or theft of the password, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using the password without your permission if we had been notified, you could lose as much as $500.
If your statement shows transactions that you did not make or authorize, you must inform us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the FIRST paper or online statement showing such a transaction was sent to you, and we can prove that we could have prevented someone from taking the money if you had told us in time, you may not recover any money lost after the sixty (60) days. Your role is extremely important in the prevention of any wrongful use of the Online Services and your Accounts. You must promptly examine Account statements upon receipt and, if your records and ours disagree, you must call the Credit Union immediately. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from notifying us, we may extend the time periods.
4. Resolving Errors or Problems. If you believe that a statement or receipt is incorrect or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt, contact us as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared is sent to you. When contacting us, our representative will need to know the following information:
(a) Your name and Account number;
(b) A description of the error or transfer about which you are unsure, and an explanation of why you believe it is an error or why more information is needed; and
(c) The dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you notify us orally or by electronic communications, we may require that you send us a complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will inform you of the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate the complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your Account, within ten (10) business days, with the amount you believe is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put the complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your Account. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may request copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
B. Our Rights and Responsibilities.
If you provide us with timely, complete, correct and accurate information and we do not then accurately complete a transfer to or from your Account or if we fail to cancel a transaction as properly requested or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we are liable for your losses or damages as provided in this Agreement. There are some exceptions to our liability for processing transactions on your Accounts. For example, we will not be liable:
If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your Account to make the transfer; If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line, if any;
If a legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals or transfers from the Account;
If any electronic terminal, telecommunication device or any part of the electronic funds transfer system is not working properly; If circumstances beyond our control such as interruption of telephone service or telecommunication facilities, natural disaster such as fire or flood, or handling of payments by a third party prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions taken by us; If you have not provided us with complete and correct payment information, including without limitation the name, address, account number and payment amount for the Payee on a bill payment; If you have not properly followed instructions for using the Online Services;
If your operating system or software was not properly installed or functioning properly; You, or anyone authorized by you, commits any fraud or violates any law or regulation; or As otherwise stated in your Account Agreements.
Our sole responsibility for an error in a transfer will be to correct the error, but in no case will we be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages. In states that do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, our liability is limited to the extent permitted by applicable law.
VI. Consumer Privacy and Confidentiality
The importance of maintaining the confidentiality and privacy of the information provided by our members is one of our highest priorities. You should carefully review our Internet Privacy Statement that is a part hereof by this reference.
A. Sharing Your Personal Information with Others.
We recognize the importance of protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. Personal information includes all of the personally identifying information that you provide to us in connection with the Accounts and use of the Online Services. However, we may disclose personal information about you to third parties:
If we have entered into an agreement with another party to provide any of the Online Services. In this case, we will provide that party with information about your Account, Transfers, and your communications with us in order to carry out your instructions;
If it is necessary for completing Transfers or otherwise carrying out your instructions;
If it is necessary to verify the existence and conditions of an Account for a third party, such as a credit bureau, a Payee, or any holder of a check issued by you through the online bill pay Service; In order to comply with applicable laws, government agency rules, regulations or orders, court orders, subpoenas or other legal process or in order to give information to any government agency or official having legal authority to request such information; In order to provide you with information about products and services that we believe will be interesting to you; or If you otherwise give us specific permission.
Cookies are files stored on a user’s own computer system to record information about Web site visited frequently. Because of security issues, we will not allow you to store your identifying name, Online Service ID or password as a cookie on the computer system. However, preferences, site mapping or other statistical information may be stored as a cookie on your hard drive.
VII. Changes in Terms and other Amendments
We reserve the right to change the charges, fees or other terms described in this Agreement. When changes are made to any fees, charges or other material terms, we will update this Agreement and/or the User’s Manual and either send a notice to you at the address shown in our records or we will send you an electronic message (email). The notice will be posted or sent to you at least thirty days (30) before the effective date of any additional fees for online transactions or of any stricter limits on the type, amount or frequency of transactions or of any increase in your responsibility, unless an immediate change is necessary to maintain the security of the system or unless such change or amendments are otherwise required by law or applicable regulation. As always, you may choose to accept or decline changes by continuing or discontinuing the Accounts or Online Services to which these changes relate or by terminating this Agreement. Your continued use of the Online Services constitutes an agreement to the amendment(s). The terms of your other Account Agreements shall continue to apply.
VIII. Dispute Resolution
ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR THE ACCOUNTS COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, A CLAIM BASED ON OR ARISING FROM AN ALLEGED TORT, SHALL AT YOUR OR OUR REQUEST, BE DETERMINED BY ARBITRATION UNDER THE AUSPICES AND RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT AND ANY APPLICABLE STATE ARBITRATION ACT.
Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. All statutes of limitation, which would otherwise be applicable, shall apply to any arbitration proceeding.
This Agreement contains an arbitration provision, which may substantially limit your legal rights.
IX. Other Provisions
A. Electronic Notice
We may send notices to you by electronic mail (email). You may use electronic mail (email) to contact us about inquiries, maintenance and/or some problem resolution issues. Email may not be a secure method of communication. Thus we recommend that you not send confidential personal or financial information by email. There may be times when you need to speak with someone immediately (especially to report a lost or stolen password, or to stop a payment). In these cases, do not use email, instead call the Credit Union.
B. Ownership of Web site
The content, information and offers on our Web site are copyrighted by Ohio HealthCare Federal Credit Union, Inc. and the unauthorized use, reproduction, linking or distribution of any portions is strictly prohibited.
C. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ohio, without regard to Ohio conflict of law provisions. Your existing Account relationships shall continue to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws as disclosed in such Account Agreements.
We may terminate this Agreement and any service provided pursuant hereto, in whole or in part, at any time.
E. Scope of Agreement
This Agreement represents our complete agreement with you relating to our provision of the Online Services. No other statement, oral or written, including language contained in our Web site, unless otherwise noted, is part of this Agreement.
F. Waiver of Jury Trial
IN ANY LITIGATION IN WHICH THE PARTIES ARE ADVERSE, THE PARTIES AGREE TO WAIVE THEIR RESPECTIVE RIGHTS TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
Online Services Fees and Charges
online bill pay:
Monthly Per-user fee Free
Bill payment photocopy $6.00
Returned Item/NSF $25.00
Express mail $16.00
614-737-6030, option 5
24/7 Call Center :
3955 W. Dublin Granville Road (161 & Sawmill)
Dublin , OH 43017