Fiesta Turkey Burgers
At the tail end of summer, grilling up burgers and hot dogs can start getting old. Give your next BBQ a fresh twist with these fantastic turkey burgers.
- 1 lb ground white meat turkey
- 1 lb ground dark meat turkey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- ½ cup medium or hot salsa
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine white meat turkey, dark meat turkey, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and garlic powder.
- Divide the meat into six equal portions and form into patties.
- Heat up the grill to 375° F and grill burgers 5-7 minutes a side.
- When you remove the burgers from the grill, place the buns on the grill, cut-side down. They will toast and pick up awesome flavor.
- Assemble burgers: place a few slices of red onion on the bottom bun. Top with turkey burger and add a few slices of avocado plus a dollop of salsa before closing with the top bun.