A nice twist on classic lasagna, our version uses lower cost cheese and requires less prep time.
Poor Man's Lasagna
A tasty, easy, and economical version of lasagna.
Write a review
- 8-12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (24-ounce) jar red pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef, adding Italian seasoning to the meat.
- Drain meat and set aside.
- Drain pasta.
- While the pasta is still warm, add cream cheese and cottage cheese to the pot with the noodles. Gently stir together until combined.
- Layer a 9-by-13-inch pan with pasta mixture, meat and pasta sauce. Repeat. Add shredded cheese on top, and bake uncovered at 350 F for about 30 minutes.
Ohio HealthCare Federal Credit Union http://www.ohiohealthcarefcu.com/