We can’t stress enough the importance of doing things to protect yourself from fraud. Here’s a list of six things you can do to keep your finances safe:
1. Keep hard copies of all credit and debit cards in a safe, secure place.
2. Use double-authentication on all online banking transactions.
3. Never click on any suspicious-looking links or download anything when you’re unfamiliar with the source.
4. Don’t share sensitive information online unless you can absolutely verify the identity of the other party.
5. Check your credit card and checking account statements carefully each month. Report any suspicious activity immediately.
6. Set a spending cap for your credit and debit cards as well as a specific geographic area for their use.
How do you keep yourself and your money safe from fraud? Share your best tips with us in the comments!